LEMON GRASS BEEF WITH AVOCADO
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients1/2 cup low-fat sesame-ginger salad dressing2 tablespoons refrigerated fresh lemon grass paste2 tablespoons bottled Korean sweet sesame red chili sauce1 flank beef steak (about 1 pound)3 teaspoons garlic-flavored olive oil, divided1-1/2 cups sweet mini peppers (orange, yellow, red) cut into 3/4-inch pieces2 Fresh California Avocados, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- Combine dressing, lemon grass paste and red chili sauce in small bowl.
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Place beef and 1/2 cup dressing mixture in medium bowl; mix well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add peppers; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Combine cooked beef, peppers, avocados, parsley and remaining dressing mixture in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.
Nutrition information per serving: 464 calories; 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 15 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 433 mg sodium; 20 g carbohydrate; 9.0 g fiber; 27 g protein; 9.3 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.2 mg iron; 27.6 mcg selenium; 5.3 mg zinc; 109.7 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.