Steak, Asparagus & Walnut Stir-Fry
Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients1 pound beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick1 cup uncooked instant brown rice1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided1 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths1/2 cup walnuts halves2 cloves garlic, minced1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium beef broth1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions, omitting butter. Set aside; keep warm.
- Cut beef steaks across the grain into 1/4-inch strips; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add asparagus; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add walnuts, garlic and salt; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Return beef to skillet.
- Stir in asparagus mixture and broth; cook and stir until heated through. Serve over cooked rice. Top with crumbled blue cheese.
Nutrition information per serving: 442 calories; 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 80 mg cholesterol; 594 mg sodium; 24 g carbohydrate; 4.2 g fiber; 36 g protein; 9.8 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg vitamin B12; 4.7 mg iron; 34.5 mcg selenium; 6.5 mg zinc; 120.7 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.