Basil Beef Asian Pasta Stir-Fry
Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients1 pound beef Sirloin Tip Center Steaks, cut 1 inch thick1 cup uncooked multi-grain penne pasta3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice4 teaspoons olive oil, divided1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced1/2 cup packed, thinly sliced fresh basil1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted1/4 cup crumbled goat cheeseFresh basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut beef steaks crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips; set aside.
- Combine chili sauce, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon olive oil in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet. Add basil and chili sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in cooked pasta; cook 1 minute or until heated through. Serve sprinkled with almonds and goat cheese. Garnish with basil leaves, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 376 calories; 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 71 mg cholesterol; 349 mg sodium; 25 g carbohydrate; 5.6 g fiber; 31 g protein; 8.2 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.8 mcg vitamin B12; 4.5 mg iron; 33.7 mcg selenium; 6.2 mg zinc; 96.5 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.