Asian Beef Sandwiches with Slaw
Total Recipe Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients2 beef Strip Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (8 ounces each)3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon reduced-fat Asian sesame dressing, divided2 cups coleslaw mix1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise2 teaspoons Asian hot chili sauce4 whole wheat French bread rolls or baguettes (6 to 7 inches long), split lengthwise1/2 cup thinly sliced seedless cucumber or sweet onion1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Brush beef steaks with 2 tablespoons dressing; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine coleslaw mix and vinegar in small bowl. Toss to coat; refrigerate.
- Combine mayonnaise and chili sauce in separate bowl; refrigerate.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill steaks, covered 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145ºF) to medium (160ºF) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steaks into thin slices.
- Spread cut sides of rolls with mayonnaise mixture. Layer bottom of rolls with beef slices; drizzle with remaining 4 teaspoons dressing. Top with coleslaw mixture and cucumber; sprinkle with cilantro. Close sandwiches.
Nutrition information per serving: 519 calories; 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 72 mg cholesterol; 1158 mg sodium; 66 g carbohydrate; 9 g fiber; 35 g protein; 11.0 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.3 mg iron; 81.5 mcg selenium; 6.8 mg zinc; 125.4 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.