Steppin' Up Beef Fried Rice
Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients2 beef Ribeye Steaks Boneless, cut 3/4 inch steak (about 8 or 9 ounces each)1 cup uncooked whole grain instant brown rice, plus ingredients to prepare2 tablespoons soy sauce1 teaspoon instant coffee powder2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided1/2 cup chopped yellow onions1/2 cup sliced green onions1/2 cup thinly sliced cremini mushrooms2 large eggs, beaten
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside; keep warm.
- Cut beef steaks crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips, about 1-inch long; set aside.
- Combine soy sauce and instant coffee in small bowl. Stir to dissolve coffee; set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions and mushrooms; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or just until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked rice and soy sauce mixture; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and beef. Return beef to skillet; stir in rice mixture. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until heated through.
Nutrition information per serving: 294 calories; 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat); 137 mg cholesterol; 524 mg sodium; 21 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 20 g protein; 5.6 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 1.0 mcg vitamin B12; 2.0 mg iron; 27.2 mcg selenium; 3.6 mg zinc; 68.4 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B12, iron and choline.
© Cattlemen's Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.